Wednesday 18 April 2012

Special

I love driving at night
Well, sitting in the passenger seat while you drive.
When its quiet I look out.
The silence is never uncomfortable.

There's so much you don't see if you're not out driving down country lanes at 3am, 4am, 5am.
The moon is so beautiful when you get away from the town.
The early sunrise makes it glow even brighter, like its clinging on, fighting to stay and be seen.
Those who don't see this are missing out. It's breathtaking.
Even better to share with someone special.

You know someones special when all the time you share is filled with smiles, laughter and love.
Never a word in anger or a negative way.

Heading back to town, getting closer to home, reality crashes down around me.
I feel like that moon.
Its only a few hours until I should be up.
But I don't want to lie down.
I'm in bed alone.

I know the sun will be dazzling my eyes soon.
I'll think back to us driving. It will make me smile a little.

I stretch and hide my face in the pillow. I don't recall falling asleep.
I don't want to turn or look.
I want to pretend my dreams were real and you're mine a little longer.

I want to be yours, not a secret or something you're ashamed of.
We both know thats not true, but its how I feel.
We want the same things.
We make each other so happy don't we?

So I wake alone again.
I scrunch my eyes and check its real.
It is.
For now.
I hope its not this this for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment